If you would like to register with this forum, CLICK HERE Or if you have a Facebook account, Click the image

Thread: Help Shelters

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level

Help Shelters

Hi! My name is Deb and animal advocacy is one of my many hot buttons. If you go through Facebook to Causes and then to Help Shelter Neglected and Abused Companion Animals you will see what I'm talking about. And yes, I said companion animals. I eat venison, rabbit, beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, a little fish and even some mystery meats. Deer heads and antlers fill our walls. I wear leather and fur. It makes me uncomfortable that other cultures eat dog, but it is not my place to tell them to do otherwise. So, we have established that I am most concerned about our companion animals. I don't really know why I just wrote all that. I guess I just felt the need. Dogs and cats were given to us to love and to be loved by them. Speaking of dogs, one of mine has to go out RIGHT NOW!!!

Administrator
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Achievements:
    OverdriveCreated Album picturesYour first GroupSocialCreated Blog entry
    Birds Of A Feather Slots Champion Spin Poker Deluxe Champion Video Poker Jokers Wild Champion Aces High Champion Zodiac Slots Champion Age of Japan Champion Super Mario World Slots Champion Pirates Revenge Slots Champion Halloween Slots Champion Mario Video Poker Champion Gold Rush Slots Champion Michael AzP Williams's Avatar
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Yes, animals were put on this earth for us to survive on but also to shelter and cherish. We are guardians of this planet and everything on it. Some species go extinct, but that means it was just their time to go. I DONT believe in kill shelters, and I DONT believe we get our animals to teach tricks to but to allow them to be just themselves. I have 4 acres out here in the Ozarks, and if I did not live in a city, I would have a shelter here right now. We have 1 legit one in my county and 2 or 3 shady ones that suck up all the state funding from the bigger one. I would foster dogs since I am poor and most shelters would pay some if not most of the care for the animals

My father has 4 1/2 pugs and 1/2 Snauser (Call her a SNUG LOL) and I have an 8 yr old black pug and a Vishkla (In Arizona with my Mother) and I would like 3 or 4 more pugs running around the house right now.. One is lotsa fun, but a pack of them will keep you hopping ALL the time. The companion mentality, energy, and cuteness is what draws me to pugs I would like to be a pug foster in my area one day

The Greatest fear in the world is the opinions of others,
    and the moment you are unafraid of the crowd,
    you are no longer a sheep, you become a lion.
    A great roar arises in your heart,
    the roar of FREEDOM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    You know those dreams you have...those day dreams? In mine I win a lottery of some kind and have my own no-kill shelter. I'd take anything I thought I could get/keep safe and healthy. I've always had a very strong affinity towards animals, in particular pet types. I guess I would have to include reptiles. I've had nine, 2 iguana iguanas. 2 Israeli geckos, 2 midnight swifts, 2 Savannah monitors and California banded King snake. While people who think they have no personalities are wrong, they aren't snuggle up with you creatures! I have a lab/pit stray I picked up near my parents in the country (of course), a short hair tortie that I picked up on the same road a few months later, a long hair tortie that found us and my beloved Sweet Pea a beagle/terrier mix. I've had to put down a sister and brother cat pair born of a feral. That's tough. The long hair is a severe asthmatic and is being kept alive with steroids which will end up killing her in the long run. My Sweet Pea has joint problems. I've spent thousands of dollars on her. She's had a knee replacement 4 yrs ago I think and she blew her ACL on the other hind knee and they rigged up something for it. I blew mine several yrs ago and have a cadaver ligament, but they don't do that to dogs. Anyway, she has rejected it and the other knee is messing up. Beagles tend to get fat if they aren't ran regularly, but she can't always even make it around the block on a slow lead. I thought for sure I was going to have to carry her home once! I'm in poor health and am not supposed to go even for a walk without another human. I fall down, get lost, have seizures...it's real fun over here. I gotta go. It's time for Alfred Hitchcock!!!!

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Birds Of A Feather Slots Champion Spin Poker Deluxe Champion Video Poker Jokers Wild Champion Aces High Champion Zodiac Slots Champion Age of Japan Champion Super Mario World Slots Champion Pirates Revenge Slots Champion Halloween Slots Champion Mario Video Poker Champion Gold Rush Slots Champion Michael AzP Williams's Avatar
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, people like you and I will care for our pets before we care for ourselves.. Personally, my dog and cats will eat before I do... If they need food and I do too, I ALWAYS buy the pet food first. Some tell me I am crazy doing that, maybe I am, but ya know something, I can care less if that is what they think

the roar of FREEDOM.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    So many people think I'm crazy for putting the money I have into Sweet Pea, my beagle mix. They're like 'in a beagle, a mixed beagle?'. I don't care what kind of pet it is. To be perfectly honest if I had to pick between my only child and Sweet Pea I would pick my son, but I would definitely hesitate a couple of beats!

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Ling Ling IS my child right now, so she would be first before MOST humans I know

the roar of FREEDOM.

Administrator
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points31 days registered
    3 Wheel Slot Machine Champion Air Support Champion Blondee's Avatar
    Level
    Good Thread..Its always heart warming to see passionate animal lovers, angels always looking to save and protect all the innocent loving pets! Bless all of you!
    Actions do speak louder than words

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thank you for your kind words Blondee. I look forward to future discussions with you!